So, welcome to 2013!
We survived 12-12-12... yeah for us!
We muddled through the hottest year ever... sad for us!
We see the world changing...some good, lots bad... sad for us!
But, with a renewed minor effort, 2013 might actually be the year the people take back their world, their governments, their lives!
There is so much we can do on many levels:
- help the environment
- buy local food
- shop local stores
- buoycot big box stores everywhere
- drive less~walk more~bike more
- be a chosey consumer-demand less packaging
- use your own bags-not those plastic ones
- turn off some lights
- turn down the thermostat in winter & up in the summer
- buy eco friendly alternative products
- help your community
- volunteer...for anything! Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Lung Assoc, Cancer groups, Crohns Colitis Foundation... whatever. Give a little time back
- Challenge your politicians. Don't just let them run your life-make them explain and be accountable.
- living in your community means supporting it-all of it. Farmers, small business...whatever!
- help your neighbours
- give some time to a senior-cut their grass, shovel the laneway, walk their talk. Heck, just sit down and talk to them.
- help your country
- again, challenge the government. Make them all accountable.
- Participate-read what these folks are up too. Don't assume they know what they are doing.....bad idea...
- Some other things you can do
- research whats happening in your community, city, province, state, country. Be aware.
- read books---- lots of books. The TV is NOT a great way to get your information. Same goes for papers.
- take care of yourself, your family, your friends. Have them over, cook for them, hang out with them
So, lets begin 2013 strong. Take up the challenge, make change happen.